Tuesday, July 15, 2014
[RECIPE] Four-Leaf Clover Cookies (Using Waffle Maker)
By utilizing the pattern of waffle maker, it shapes the batter into a mini four-leaf clover cookie! This recipe is by 孙霖夏雨. Since original recipe is in Chinese, here's the recipe in English translation! ENJOY!
200g All purpose flour
1. Sift the flour and powdered sugar into a large bowl
2. Cut the butter into small pieces, and add it into the flour and sugar. (make sure butter is still cold)
3. Using a mixer, mix all ingredients completely. (If you don't have one, just rub the butter and mix with your hands)
4. In a separate bowl, mix the egg.
5. Add egg into the flour mixture.
6. Combine until it turns into a dough.
7. Scoop the dough with a spoon. Roll them into small balls. Each is approx. 6-8g. (** Depending on the pattern size of your waffle maker, make appropriate size so that it creates a 4 clover shape.)
8. Turn on waffle maker until hot. (medium-high)
9. Put 8 small ball on waffles maker. (See photo above)
10. Close the waffle maker. Follow direction particularly for your waffle maker, so you get an idea how long it will take.)
11. Turn waffle maker to lower heat if you want cookies to be crispier.
Before making all the balls, Experiment the size of cookie with your waffle maker first!
Before making all cookies at once, follow the direction from your waffle maker. If it doesn't work, experiment with the right temperature and time with one cookie at a time, you don't want to waste your ingredients without knowing if it works!